Tuesday, July 16, 2013

4 Pahariya girls dragged out of hostel, raped by 25 drunk men (TOI)

SHAMEFUL, ABOMINABLE, HORRIFIC, DISGUSTING - I will fall short of adjectives to describe this incident! (4 Pahariya girls dragged out of hostel, raped by 25 drunk men)

Rapes in India are on an all time high or at least we see them everyday strewn ALL over the paper, making new headlines everyday.

And I DON'T believe in the psychoanalysis of rapists; it's such a horrendous crime!

What/who can be blamed? The government? The laws? The sex taboo? The people? Ignorance? Everyone? Everything? I don't know what to say - I am speechless!

We definitely need very strong laws and strong action against the perpetrators. Twenty years or even life time imprisonment is not enough for rapists. We should set an example and show it to the ENTIRE country that if anyone sexually abuses someone, they will be castrated and then stoned to death! 

In a country like India, where a woman's chastity is her prime ornament, half of such horrific acts are not even registered with the police. It's the 21st century - we must get over such ridiculous beliefs and practices. Any kind of sexual assault is incriminating and there is nothing more foolish than acquitting the attacker on moral/cultural/social."duniya kya kahegi" norms! This encourages them to go one step further every time. 

I am leaving this article open ended. I really want people to participate!

3 comments:

  1. All 25 should be tortured publicly to death and set an example of. Its a shame that people have the audacity to do such things. India on the whole suffers due to its own people. Maybe karma isn't just a myth after all. Unless women are protected i don't see even in another thousand years India becoming a developed nation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even my blood boils each time I read or hear about such horrific incidents. These people deserve to be treated as per the Sharia law. It is a disgrace to a democratic country when hideous crime like rape is so much prevalent. Even if the laws are made more stringent it won't stop them. The thought process needs to change, after this incident no one is safe inside their hostel rooms also... I can only express my anger about it. But things need to change if we want to step-up and portray ourselves as developing nation ... Hope things will change and the men must take the responsibility to infuse the sense of security in the minds and hearts of the women...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Peace of Mind, (Since you're under an alias, I don't know your real name, which is absolutely fine :))

      Thanks for participating on this forum.

      I don't know much about the Sharia Law except that it invokes the moral code in Islam. Could you enlighten me on this?

      You're right that the thought process needs to change but that will take forever. Most of the Indian population is rural and vehemently resists any progressive changes. This is a never-ending debate; most people want to "preserve" their culture and as a result of which, sex is "bad and immoral" and only "loose" women talk about it. It's ironic that we're the country of Kamasutra. Forgive me for digressing but I must vent my feelings and again I have no answer or solution. Half rapes are never reported because apparently people believe it's a sin committed by their own women.

      Delete